Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa
Leader in resolving complex UK immigration And nationality law matters.
PRIVATE MEDICAL TREATMENT VISIT VISA
The Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa is for individuals who wish to enter the UK to access private medical treatment.
Requirements for a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa
To qualify for a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa, you must demonstrate to the UK Visas & Immigration that you are a genuine visitor. This means that you:
- Intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- Do not intend to live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home;
- Are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose of accessing private medical treatment in the UK and will not engage in any activities prohibited by the Immigration Rules;
- Have sufficient funds to cover your travel costs including accommodation and maintenance in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds
In addition to the above, you must also demonstrate to the UKVI that you have arrangements in place to receive private medical treatment before you travel to the UK. You must also provide a confirmation letter from your doctor or consultant detailing the medical condition requiring consultation or treatment, the estimated of likely costs, timescale for any treatment and where the consultation or treatment will take place. Regardless of the nature of your medical condition, when seeking private medical treatment as a visitor, the duration of the medical treatment must finite and this should be clearly detailed in your doctor’s letter.
If you are suffering from a communicable disease, you must have also satisfied the medical inspector that you are not a danger to public health.
If your condition requires longer-term treatment, you will be able to apply for an 11 month Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa provided that your private UK doctor can confirm that your proposed treatment will last more than 6 months but less than 11 months and you may also be required to provide a TB Test Certificate.
When considering whether you have sufficient funds to cover the costs associated with your visit to the UK, the UK Visas & Immigration will accept third party support from a UK Sponsor provided that you can show genuine professional or personal relationship with the third party Sponsor. The third party Sponsor will also be required to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate that they have the funds to cover the costs associated with your visit to the UK.
To discuss your Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa application with one of our immigration lawyers, contact our Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa lawyers by completing our “Enquiry Form”.
What else do I need to know about the UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa?
An application for a UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa must be made from outside the UK and usually from the country in which you are permanently resident. However, citizens of some countries do not need to apply for a UK Visit Visa prior to their arrival in the UK and can apply for a Visit Visa on arrival at the UK Border.
If you successfully secure a UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa, you will be granted a visa which will be valid for up to 6 or 11 months. During the validity of your Visit Visa, you will be permitted to leave and enter the UK multiple times, unless your Private Medical Treatment Visa is endorsed as a single or dual-entry visa.
Whilst you are in the UK on a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa, you will be able to visit family, friends, or travel to other parts of the UK provided that receiving medical treatment remains your core reason for staying in the UK.
If you are grated a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa, you will be prohibited from receiving payments from a UK source for any activities undertaken in the UK or from engaging in more than 30 days’ non-incidental study in the UK.
You must also show the UK Visas & Immigration that you have enough money to cover the costs associated with your trip to the UK without working or recourse to public funds. The costs associated with your visit will include, but will not be limited to, costs of your travel tickets, planned activities in the UK, and cost of maintaining and accommodating any dependents.
How our lawyers can help you with your Private Medical treatment Visit Visa Application
Our lawyers are specialists in UK immigration law with almost a decade of experience. We have assisted hundreds of UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa applicants to prepare and submit successful UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa applications.
Our immigration lawyers can provide you expert advice on meeting the requirements of the Immigration Rules, carry out a detailed assessment of your prospects of qualifying for a UK Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa and can assist you with the preparation and submission of your immigration application.
Our lawyers combine creative energy with deep technical legal expertise to uncover innovative, out-of-the-box and unconventional strategies that help you succeed in your application even when you’re facing inherent challenges in meeting the requirements of a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa.
We do this by deploying the following:
- Taking a holistic approach to analysing every facet of each case and formulating strategies to comprehensively address every element of the case;
- Bringing deep technical and substantive legal expertise;
- Collaborative strategizing among specialist lawyers, who operate at different levels of seniority, bringing a wealth of technical expertise, tactical know-how and diversity of perspective on your matter;
- Using Design Thinking to reframe the challenges you face with a view to redefining value and opening up the scope of solutions;
- Designing customised strategy to meet your specific challenges.
What this means for you?
If you instruct us to take on your case, our scope of work will comprise of the following:
- Taking detailed instructions to carry out a thorough analysis of your case;
- Assessing your eligibility for a Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa in line with the requirements as set out in the Immigration Rules Appendix V: Visitor (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor), the accompanying Policy Documents and the wider case-law jurisprudence;
- Notifying you of the strengths and weaknesses of your case;
- Advising you on strategies, where possible, to remedy the weaknesses in your case and better evidence the strengths of your case;
- Providing you detailed and customised advice on the documents you need to provide in support of your application;
- Reviewing your documents to assess whether they meet the evidential requirements of your application and to advise you if further documents are required;
- Drafting the application form to provide to you for review and, if required, amending the application in line with your observations;
- Preparing a detailed letter of representations to be submitted in support of your application;
- Submitting the application form online and arranging an appointment for the enrolment of your biometrics;
- Responding to any queries from the Home Office regarding your application
- Addressing any queries that you may have regarding your application and any issues arising relating to your immigration status;
- Corresponding with the UK Visas and Immigration (Home Office) to ensure a timely decision on your application.